Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When is the best time to reserve equipment for my party or event?
You should plan on reserving the necessary equipment as early as possible before your event date. Without a reservation, we cannot guarantee that the items you want will be in stock.
How do I make a reservation?
Please call our office to make a reservation. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required for most reservations and can be paid by cash, check, or credit card. In addition, a copy of our rental agreement needs to be signed and faxed or emailed back to confirm the reservation.
How do I get a quote for my party or event?
For most events or parties, a general quote can be given over the phone or by email. For larger events, we may need to send a representative to meet in person to go over event needs and view the event space. Formal quotes are given by request.
Pricing and Payment
How does pricing work?
Pricing is based on a full, single day rental. If you require a longer rental, please call us for more information.
When is final payment due?
Final payment is due 4 days prior to event. This can be paid by cash, check, or credit card. If requested, our delivery personnel will bring a credit machine on delivery to accommodate credit transactions. You may also prepay at any time.
Do you deliver to my city/town?
We deliver to most towns within the greater Tri-State area. In order to find out if we deliver to your specific town, please give us a call.
What are your delivery fees?
Delivery fees are unique to each event and are based on: location, delivery and pick-up times, special delivery instructions, and amount of items for delivery.
What time will you deliver my items?
For weekend events, delivery is scheduled the Friday before your event, we deliver all weekend orders Tuesday-Friday 830AM-3PM. Exact times for delivery are not known until the Thursday prior to your event. We will call you the Friday before your event to confirm your order and give you an estimated delivery time window. Sometimes trucks will get delayed at a location which might delay delivery times for orders later in the day. If this happens, we will try to keep you updated on the progress of the trucks and an estimated time of delivery. Most of the time though we will have your items delivered within our original delivery time window.
What if I need a special time for delivery or pickup?
We will try to accommodate your request for any special delivery or pick-up times with no extra cost, however, in some cases extra labor or overtime is required and may increase delivery fees.
What if I need delivery on the weekend or after you are closed?
Our office is open M-F 8AM-4PM, if you need a delivery time on the weekend or after hours we charge labor for delivery & pickup. The labor charge is $35 per person, per hour, per person including drive time. We will include an estimated charge when we send out an estimate, the actual charge will be billed to the credit card on file once the event is completed.
Do I have to be home for delivery?
We recommend that you or a representative be present at the time of delivery to ensure that your items get delivered to the correct location. If you cannot be home, we will deliver the items to a pre-designated location.
Does your personnel set up the equipment?
All tents will be properly set-up and secured by Advantage Tent personnel. Tables and chairs will be stacked underneath the tent or in a designated location at no extra cost. If a tent is rented and layouts are approved in advance, we will setup the tables per the layout, and stack chairs 10 per table.
Is there a fee for equipment pick-up?
No. Delivery fees cover both delivery and pick-up.
Should I do anything with the items before you pick them up?
Please have items stacked in the same manner in which they were delivered. Please do not attempt to take down the tent structure.
What happens if items are damaged or lost?
The customer is responsible for all items from time of delivery to time of pick-up. The customer will be charged replacement or repair costs for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment.
Can you install tents over decks, patios, or driveways?
Yes. Our frame tents can be installed over decks, patios, or driveways given the space needed. Sometimes this requires special staking or water barrel anchoring, so please let us know if you change the surface that your event will be located on?
Are your tents fire retardant?
Yes, a certificate can be obtained upon request.
Do you have insurance?
Yes, we are fully insured with workers compensation, general liability, and commercial auto.
Difference between a Pole Tent and a Frame tent.
If you’re holding an outdoor event that takes place in a grassy area, then pole tents may be exactly what you need. Pole tents are secured by driving stakes into the ground, which makes them difficult to erect on concrete and asphalt surfaces. Depending on the size of the space, pole tents have at least one center pole that creates an aesthetically pleasing peak at the top of the tent. Some customers are concerned that the center poles will obstruct their guests’ view, or create an eyesore in the middle of the event space. These are understandable concerns, but the poles are as thin as possible to allow for virtually unobstructed viewing. Moreover, they can also be adorned with patterns, flowers, string lights, and other decor that adds to the ambiance of the event.
Do you need a large and open structure to use on a surface that cannot be staked? If so, then a frame tent will perfectly fit your needs. As freestanding structures that do not rely on the support of a center pole, frame tents provide you with unobstructed square footage and a clear view of the entire space that can be ballasted instead of staked. While these tents do have more hardware and components than pole tents, they do not require much more effort or time to set up.
When Should I Use a Pole Tent?
As we noted in the previous section, outdoor events taking place in grassy areas are the ideal location for a pole tent, though they can be installed on asphalt. Available in a variety of sizes, they can provide ample space for family gatherings, conferences, picnics, and other large gatherings. They can also provide your business with plenty of space to use as a booth during a local festival, provided that the stakes can be driven into the ground. A few more of the reasons you may want to choose a pole tent include:
- Fast and efficient setup: To set your tent up, all you have to do is determine where the stakes will go, drive them into the ground, attach the tent to the stakes utilizing ratchets or guy ropes, and then install side poles and center poles
• Versatility: We proudly provide small, medium, and large pole tents. Whether you’re operating a booth at a festival or throwing a company picnic, we have something that can accommodate your needs.
• Affordability: With minimal materials, you can purchase a quality event tent at an incredibly cost-effective price, allowing you to put your money toward other aspects of your event.
• Easier transportation and storage: Pole tents do not utilize a tent frame, and as such, they do not have as many parts to load, transport, or store. Pole tents typically don’t need ladders for installation.
• Uneven surfaces: A pole tent is able to better flex with slight slopes in the setup surface, which isn’t possible with a rigid frame tent
• Aesthetically pleasing: Because center and side poles are the only hardware needed to support the tent top, the beautiful, flowing white vinyl tent top is on full display rather than being obstructed by a tent frame.
• Smaller setup crews: Pole tents require fewer people to set up, as there isn’t a large frame to hoist in the air.
When Should I Use a Frame Tent?
- Flexibility: Without the constraints of center poles, you have the freedom to set up your event however you like. Frame tents are particularly ideal if your event will feature a movie, or if you will be arranging the seating around a particular focal point. These tents are also ideal if you will be erecting the structure in an area with gas lines, electrical networks, water lines, and other sensitive underground networks. While it is always preferable to stake a tent, you can ballast a frame tent with cement blocks (like Block & Roll) or engineered water ballasting systems (like Giffy Tent Barrels), allowing you to install on concrete or new asphalt surfaces that can’t be staked.
- Longevity: These event tents are ideal when you need the structure to remain standing for more than a few days. While the stakes that hold pole tents in place are unquestionably sturdy, they can shift and move as the ground and wind conditions change over time. If a pole tent is used for a long term installation, it must be monitored every few days to check and tighten ratchets and adjust stakes. This often makes them more ideal for shorter installations. Frame tents, on the other hand, utilize a structure that does not depend on the surface beneath them to stay in place. The frame itself supports the top of the tent, allowing you to keep the tent in place for as long as you need.
- Flooring options: We’ve noted that frame tents are ideal when you’re working with a hard surface, but another major benefit is that you can use virtually any surface you want along with the tent. Would you like to add a dance floor, faux-wood flooring, or an aisle for a wedding? The open-concept floor plan makes it easy to customize the event space to your specific needs.
- Space: Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or planning an event with hundreds of guests in attendance, we have frame tents that can accommodate your needs. You’ll find everything from 10-by-10 foot frames to 40-by-100 foot frames in our extensive catalog. Just click the button below to take a look!